**UPDATED, SUNDAY, MARCH 22, 2020**
Governor Cuomo Signs the ‘New York State on PAUSE’ Executive Order [READ ONLINE]
The Governor’s 10-point NYS on PAUSE plan is as follows Assuring Uniform Safety for ALL :
- Effective at 8PM on Sunday, March 22, all non-essential businesses statewide will be closed [Funeral Home Services are Considered Essential and we remain open to serve our community];
- Non-essential gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason (e.g. parties, celebrations or other social events) are canceled or postponed at this time;
- Any concentration of individuals outside their home must be limited to workers providing essential services and social distancing should be practiced;
- When in public individuals must practice social distancing of at least six feet from others;
- Businesses and entities that provide other essential services must implement rules that help facilitate social distancing of at least six feet;
- Individuals should limit outdoor recreational activities to non-contact and avoid activities where they come in close contact with other people;
- Individuals should limit use of public transportation to when absolutely necessary and should limit potential exposure by spacing out at least six feet from other riders;
- Sick individuals should not leave their home unless to receive medical care and only after a telehealth visit to determine if leaving the home is in the best interest of their health;
- Young people should also practice social distancing and avoid contact with vulnerable populations; and
- Use precautionary sanitizer practices such as using isopropyl alcohol wipes.
Respectful of the the Governors Executive Order, County Department of Health, State Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control recommendations AND our companies commitment to supporting best practices during this time in history we are implementing the following company changes we feel are safe for the family’s we serve, our staff and prudent to doing our part as a member of the community.
We remain open to serve family’s in-need for burial and cremations services
We are taking precautionary measures to allow Private Immediate Family Viewings and/or services at our facility
The Governor’s office mandates Immediate Family be limited to as few as possible while maintaining social distancing guidelines of 6 foot or more.
In support of limiting community spread we are self-restricting Immediate Family visitors to no more than 10 PPL at one time in our facility
Ed and Josh E. Miller, 4th and 5th generation owners, understand the immense impact these restrictions place on family’s already enduring the loss of a loved one. The support of family and friends is paramount to walking griefs healing pathway in a healthy way.
Services in our chapel may be streamed live over the internet allowing allowing family and friends to share messages using our streaming online chat feature. Additionally, family and friends are encouraged to share a memory or condolence the family’s online memorial on our website www.Miller1889.com.
We are available by e-mail JoshMiller@Miller1889.com or phone (585) 424-3700 in Rochester and (585) 924-5730 in Victor to discuss questions and concerns for any member of our community.
Josh E. Miller
President & 5th Generation Owner