DOH Emergency Rule on Masks / As of July 9, 2020
Funeral Homes MUST Require Face Coverings
Please observe this rule when entering our facility
Non-compliance puts our business in jeopardy of local and state enforcement of monetary fines and possible loss of licensing. State leadership encourages community members to report non-conforming businesses. Consider the implications your actions may have on our business, employees and the family’s wishing to Honor, Remember and Celebrate their loved one.
the Finger Lakes Region [Monroe County] is in Phase Four allowing the funeral homes to hold public visitations and services under government mandated restrictions:
- 33% occupancy for public visitation at our facilities limits total occupancy to 30 individuals in a visitation room at the same time
- Socially distant “lines” are able to form inside our facilities within the constraints of social distance definitions. Our staff will direct guests in both direction and socially distant spacing
- 33% occupancy for public services in our chapel limits total occupancy to 40 individuals in chapel at the same time
- Masks or face-coverings are required during visitations and services
- 6 foot social distancing must be observed
- Outdoor gatherings allow for a maximum capacity of 50 people
- [NOTE: Each outdoor venue may set its own limitations at less than 50 people. When services are held away from the funeral home we must observe the guidence and rules of the selected venue]
Ed and Josh E. Miller and their staff recognize and hear the unhappiness experienced by families wishing to Honor, Remember and Celebrate their loved ones under these restrictions. We remain committed to creating solutions meeting the needs of our families while continuing to honor a social contract to follow the rules and regulations from state and local leadership.
Additionally, we recognize our community’s social isolation fatigue [not visiting loved ones in the hospital or nursing home, not celebrating birthdays publicly, the inability to Honor, Remember and Celebrate loved ones…]. We share this fatigue as individuals and as funeral service professionals limited in our ability to support individuals walking their individualized grief pathway.
We are available by e-mail JoshMiller@Miller1889.com or phone (585) 424-3700 in Rochester and (585) 924-5730 in Victor to discuss questions and concerns for any member of our community.
Josh E. Miller
President & 5th Generation Owner